Cold weather goes hand in hand with a cup of steaming hot chocolate. It’s old-fashioned, comforting, and it’s good for the soul. Upgrade your instant hot chocolate and stir things up with these tasty twists on the old classic.
1. Add a huge dollop of whipped cream.
2. A tablespoon of caramel sauce = delicious. Spoon in your favorite and give it a good stir right before you take your first sip. Heaven!
3. These mini-gingerbread houses are exactly what your hot chocolate needs.
4. Drop in one of those peppermint candies! Adds great flavor and a soothing smell.
5. Two words: peanut butter. There’s a reason why Reese’s are so popular. Take a tablespoon of PB and mix it in really well until it melts. Tip: also add mini-marshmellows :)
6. A scoop of your favorite ice cream.
This will make your hot chocolate extra creamy + thick!
7. Make it homemade. Yes, ditch the instant mix all together and opt for this creamy hot cocoa recipe.